Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Responsible for testing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently. Breaks down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks. Works independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
Essential Responsibilities:• Demonstrates increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas.
• Applies various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC.
• Takes ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Writes effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored.
• Begins to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans.
• Collaborates with Quality Leaders in creating test plans. Implements and configures testing tools and at times help junior staff. Implements system-level integration testing.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms.
• Expet in BDD tools and SeleniumQualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in the industry
Desired Characteristics:Must have strong software knowledge 4+ years experience writing scripts in one of following
scripting languages: Java. Jscript Unix/Windows.
* Database/SQL/Oracle knowledge and experience of Windows/Unix/Linux.
* Experience of testing client server and GUI applications.
* Familiar with methods and techniques of structured reviews.
* Experience of working in an environment with strict quality procedures.
* Effective oral expression and written expression, easy contact, adaptable, can foster team spirit.
* Excellent Planning and organizational skills.
* Excellent communicator and team player:
* Experience working in Agile development environment.
* Six - Sigma Green belt trained (GE Employees).
* Good knowledge of Mathematics will be highly desirable.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more