Skills: Ships Mate / Officer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Canada
Date Issued: July 24, 2019
Company: Puglisevich Crews and Services Limited
Job Status: Full Time
Job Summary: Assist the Chief Mate and Master in exercising control over the vessel's marine operations with due regard for safety of personnel, maintenance of vessel equipment and protection of the environment.
Duties will include:
- Exercise control of the safe navigation of the vessel in order to ensure that all navigation operations are carried out in accordance with Company policies and procedures, regulations and sound marine practices.
- Become familiar with the vessel's bridge and navigation equipment. Assist with voyage planning and rig move operations.
- Provide assistance during anchoring operations.
- Provide assistance in ensuring that the vessel's navigational equipment is maintained, fully functional and tested in accordance with SOLAS regulations.
- Oversee the maintenance of deck equipment, firefighting and lifesaving equipment and marine department lifting equipment, and update records accordingly.
- Assist with maintaining the vessel in a seaworthy condition in accordance with its Marine Operating Manual.
- Assist with maintaining the watertight integrity of the vessel, loading and storage of consumables, securing of supply vessels and helicopter operations.
- Assist with carrying out the vessel's Class Surveys as well as other regulatory inspections and audits.
- Assist in maintaining the vessel in a stable condition and at the correct draft and trim.
- Assist as required with maintaining and carrying out PM's on all marine department equipment as per RMS and under the direction of the Chief Mate/Senior Mate
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidate for this position possesses:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Unlimited 3rd Mate License
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Knowledge of technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Must have Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, First Aid, WHMIS 2015, Fall Protection and Confined Space Entry.
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: