Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Data Scientist will work in teams developing deep learning based solutions for the Oil & Gas industry. In this role, you will contribute to the development and deployment of modern deep learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and topological data analysis methods for finding structure in large data sets.
Essential Responsibilities:• Work in cross-functional teams to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
• Contribute to technical teams in development, deployment and application of deep learning capabilities.
• Develop self-learning systems that can predict failures and autocorrect based on multiple data sources
• Work with the engineering team to incorporate your analyses and solutions, including working with the visualization team to create intuitive UI and rich UX stories. Partner with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics efforts
• Gather and analyze data, devise innovative data science solutions and build prototypes to enable development of high-performance algorithms in scalable, product-ready code.
• Stay current on published state-of-the-art algorithms and competing technologies.
• Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams (multiple teams) that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Masters in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., Python, R, C, C++)
• Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
• Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
• Must be willing to travel if needed
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
• Proven experience coding of deep learning techniques such as CNN, RNN, LSTM, GANs, etc.
• Demonstrated awareness of analytic prototyping, analytic scaleup, analytic scaling, and solutions
• Demonstrated awareness of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., Python, Tensorflow, Caffe, Theano, CNTK, etc.)
• Demonstrated awareness to containerized solutions (Docker/Mesos etc)
• Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
• Demonstrated awareness of critical thinking and problem solving methods
• Demonstrated awareness of presentation skills
• Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
• Works well in fast paced growing environment
• Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more