Skills: Accounting, Asset Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values include integrity and ethics, impartiality, customer focus and safety at work and are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
- Location: Atlas Business Park, South Manchester (M22 5PR)
- Salary: Dependent on experience) plus excellent benefits package
WORK WITH A GLOBAL LEADER
Do you have the strong character needed to succeed in credit control? Working with some of the biggest names around, Bureau Veritas offers a dynamic and exciting finance environment, with all the support you would expect from a global leader.
Put your skills to the test, applying your tenacity and expertise to achieve significant targets that reflect the size of our organisation. All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from Bureau Veritas, an award-winning employer.
TEAM PLAYER WITH INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY
Playing a vital part within a busy finance team, you will combine financial experience and understanding with the attributes needed to receive, process and chase timely payments.
- Collect payment from third party clients on an assigned ledger using Credit Collections tool GetPaid
- Manage the assigned debt ledger using varied techniques to improve the ageing profile and minimise the cost implications associated with bad debt provisions.
- Register invoice disputes in a timely fashion on the GetPaid Credit Collections tool.
- Host weekly conference calls with Operations and Administration teams regarding the resolution of disputed debts
- Manage all clients passed for legal collections action via the assigned firm of solicitors
- Report to Line Manager weekly regarding the current status of all large debtors along with ad-hoc reporting as required
- Operate in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
HAVE YOU GOT THE RIGHT ATTRIBUTES?
Candidate requirements include
- 5 GCSE or equivalent Grades A-C
- CICM qualified/part qualified
- Previous experience of credit control, ideally managing business to business accounts
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership of their own ledger
- Ability to establish good relationships and negotiate with clients in a firm and assertive manner.
- Microsoft Excel skills
Personal attributes include:
- Strong, resilient character
- Confident telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work to strict deadlines
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.