Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a SHE Advisor (Managed Assets, UK) for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
To provide specialist Safety, Health and Environmental support, assistance and advice to the business, in the area of offshore operations and associated projects and activities on risk management. The jobholder will promote the use of SHE Management System, principles and objectives.
- Provide day-to-day SHE support to your assigned asset - additionally, provide occasional cover to other assets, or other parts of the SHE department as required.
- Monitor and provide support / advice on day-to-day performance against legal requirements, KPIs, plans, etc.
- Analyse SHE data, and support the Operations team in highlighting and understanding trends. Support the team in developing asset SHE Plans and specific areas of focus to address any asset specific issues.
- Provide initial support and advice in response to incidents - advising classification and regulatory implications. Lead, support and participate in investigations as necessary.
- Provide continued support to investigation process including facilitating root cause analysis and independent review as appropriate.
- Monitor, support and review inputs/outputs from all Active Monitoring activities - ensure that personal and platform specific commitments and deliverables are met.
- Support and participate in the various risk assessment activities.
- Facilitate and take part in Regulatory liaison, inspections - preparation and follow up.
- Provide SHE input to Contractor selection and management processes - including Tender Evaluation, Contractor Audits, SHE Performance Reviews, etc
- Liaise with key Contractors to ensure SHE aspects of contractor performance are monitored and managed.
- Provide specialist ER support and participate in response teams as appropriate.
- Lead/take part in SHEMS audits as required.
- Coordinate the application(s) for environmental permits and consents, and marine authorisations
- Review, upkeep and implementation of the SHE Management System, (SHEMS)
- Act as focal point, representing the company and providing specialist advice on specific topics as agreed with Line Manager, including with external stakeholders (e.g. OGUK, Step-Change)
- Formal Health and Safety Qualification
- Strong team player
- Strong communication skills - listening and providing feedback
- Problem solving capabilities
- Positive, continuous improvement mind-set - open to feedback and new ideas
- Ability to identify and implement improvements.
- incident investigation skills / knowledge and experience of Incident Tracking databases and
- Good understanding of SHE management systems, safety observation / workforce engagement tools
- Capable of understanding risk management / reduction priorities and establishing SHE objectives
- Member of IOSH or other appropriate professional organisation
- Experience of Root Cause analysis tools
- Audit experience
- Experience in Emergency Response
- Experience of working offshore
- Background in Health & Safety support to offshore Oil & Gas industry (or other high-reliability / Major Accident Hazard Industry)
- Strong written communications skills