Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a SHE Advisor (Decommissioning & Environmental Specialist) for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
To provide specialist Safety, Health and Environmental support, assistance and advice to the business, in the area of decommissioning and associated projects and activities with a focus on environmental management and promoting improvements in environmental performance. The jobholder will promote the use of SHE Management System, principles and objectives.
- Provide day-to-day SHE support to your assigned business area - additionally, provide occasional cover to other assets, or other parts of the SHE department as required.
- Monitor and provide support / advice on day-to-day performance against legal requirements, KPIs, plans, etc.
- Facilitate and take part in Regulatory liaison, inspections - preparation and follow up.
- Provide support and advice in response to incidents for the assets and business areas you are supporting - advising classification and regulatory implications. Lead, support and participate in investigations as necessary.
- Monitor, support and review inputs/outputs from all Active Monitoring activities - ensure that actions are managed
- Support and participate in risk assessment activities as required.
- Analyse SHE data, and support the business in highlighting and understanding trends. Support the team in developing SHE Plans and specific areas of focus to address any specific issues.
- Act as focal point Advisor for environmental permitting support for UK activities, working in collaboration with SHE Advisor for Data and Management Systems
- Act as Advisor focal point for ISO14001cetification activities, supporting the maintenance of the SHE Management System
- Act as Advisor focal point for waste management activities in the UK operations
- Liaise with key Contractors to ensure SHE aspects of contractor performance are monitored and managed. Support contractor selection and management process
- Provide specialist ER support and participate in response teams as appropriate.
- Occasional Offshore and/or overseas trips.
- Formal Health and Safety Qualification
- Strong team player
- Strong communication skills - listening and providing feedback
- Problem solving capabilities
- Positive, continuous improvement mind-set - open to feedback and new ideas
- Ability to identify and implement improvements.
- Incident investigation skills / knowledge and experience of Incident Tracking databases and
- Good understanding of SHE management systems, safety observation / workforce engagement tools
- Capable of understanding risk management / reduction priorities and establishing SHE objectives
- Strong written communications skills
- Experience of Root Cause analysis tools
- Audit experience
- Experience in Emergency Response
- Experience of working offshore
- Background in Health & Safety support to offshore Oil & Gas industry (or other high-reliability / Major Accident Hazard Industry)
- Member of IOSH or other appropriate professional organisation