Skills: Well Servicing & Testing
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Well Services Engineer for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
The Well Services Engineer is responsible for issue of relevant procedures for all intervention operations, conducting risk reviews and pre job meetings as required. Also ensuring that all required equipment is mobilised, fit for purpose and on site as required. Well Services Engineer is responsible for day to day management of all intervention operations.
- To ensure Well Services activities are executed in accordance with Company and Legislative SHE requirements, including preparing Well Notifications, One-off Well Notifications (5 yearly) and a Weekly Well Operations Reports to the Competent Authority, as required, on a Monday am.
- To remain aware of the mechanical condition and importance of all production and injection wells and liaise with the Well Services Team Leader, Production, Exploitation and Well Integrity engineers to determine intervention requirements.
- To plan, direct and supervise all well service activities, ensuring that all risks are adequately controlled and are completed in a timely, safe and cost-effective manner.
- To implement well service instructions / schedules so that wells are maintained free of mechanical problems, so maximising uptime for production and injection.
- To work closely with Exploitation and Production teams to identify well service opportunities which will result in enhanced production and injection.
- To identify new technology and methodology capable of reducing well service times and costs. Specifically, to identify non-rig possibilities for well servicing and Xmas tree maintenance or removal.
- To monitor well service expenditure against budgets and AFEs and ensure cost control of such activities.
- To review all Offshore Work Instructions during well operations.
- Ad-hoc activities as requested by Line Manager.
Area Specific Responsibilities
- Occasional offshore travel to North Sea and West Africa.
- Occasional travel to support the business
- Relevant Well Intervention experience, including at a supervisory level.
- Valid BOSIET, MIST, Medical
- Planning and Problem Solving.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Recognise and encourage the positive interaction of teams.
- Experience in a similar position
- Experience in Offshore Operations
- Full Development Project experience from concept to delivery.
- Technical experience/ area of expertise in technically challenging project.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of Well Servicing.
- Project Management experience.
- Adaptability and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Leadership as per company Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Safety is paramount.
- People management, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to lead, manage and influence teams and peers.
- Being an ambassador of the company
IWCF - Well Intervention