Project Buyer Client:
A leading local Oman marine business is currently looking for 6 project buyers to be based in Muscat on a long-term contract bases. Duties:
- Responsible for purchase of Project Marine material & spares and ensuring delivery as required. Receive bids and prepare bids evaluations & award recommendations. Prepare purchase orders for approval by Supply Chain Manager:
- Receive purchase requisitions, source out vendors to maximize number of potential vendors & minimize singles sources
- Generate & issue RFQ packages to selected potential suppliers of the material.
- Analyze the market, source, pre-qualify and recommend the potential suppliers of the required materials & develop bidders Lists
- Min University graduate in business or engineering with minimum 2 years' experience in the areas of ship yard, procurement, expediting/contracts/material related experience.
- Basic understanding of the warehousing and material acquisition functions. Actual minimum work experience of 1 year desired.
- Full understanding of purchasing concepts, Marine yard, bidding procedures, purchasing methods and materials control.
- Working for leading marine company in Oman
- Great location
- Development opportunities
- Ongoing contract (long term)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.