- As a member of the Supply Chain Commercial Team for Production and MTAP, this role will develop sourcing strategies and tactics in collaboration with the Supply Chain Opportunity Managers and must be a Subject Matter Expert in Contract Management. The Supply Chain Lead will enable and influence the wider organization to consistently deliver best in class deals throughout the life of contracts, manage Contract(or)s for performance, maximize value delivery by ensuring no value leakage and removing any waste in the End-to-End supply chain.
- Specifically, the Supply Chain Commercial Lead - FPSO is accountable for managing the contracts related to the operation of the FPSO.
- In coordination with the Supply Chain Opportunity Managers, the Supply Chain Commercial Lead will develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies and tactics for assigned key spend categories which meets the Business Demand while considering potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/ regional level.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in accordance with the CMCP and CP Projects Expected Practices and Outcomes.
- Ensure delivery & effectively manage contracts while continuously drive value improvement targets.
- Ensure the Contract Strategies and Contract Management Plans support Goal Zero through implementation of robust Contractor Safety in Projects (CSiP), Contractor Safety Management practices, and alignment to Shell's personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus.
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders (Shell Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (e.g. HSSE, Operations, Cost). This would involve constructively challenging the Suppliers in terms of the contract delivery and performance as well.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree level (Business/Engineering) or proven experience within Contracting Process.
- Minimum of five (5) years proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation required.
- Offshore experience is preferred
- Professional CP Qualification (e.g. MCIPS, ISM) is preferred.
- Proven track record of execution excellence & delivering results.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance is a 'must have' in all CP.
- Collaborates and integrates within CP and with business, enterprise first.
- Understands business and speaks business language.
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.