Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for their facility located in Crane, Texas.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- High speed reciprocating compressors
- Low speed compressors, air compressors, pumps, fans, blowers, and other plant equipment
- Perform routine startup and shutdown of individual equipment and processes
- Monitor usage of utilities, fuel, chemicals, lube oils, etc to prevent excessive consumption at current processing and production rates
- Monitor and recognize dangerous and or emergency conditions within the process and performs procedures necessary to remove the condition or shutdown the process / facility in order to protect personnel and equipment
- Recognize malfunctions in individual equipment and performs maintenance as necessary to correct problems
- Monitor levels of lubricants, fluids, chemicals, etc. and refills as necessary to prevent damage to equipment
- Write work orders using MAXIMO for routine and major maintenance
- Perform other work related duties as assigned
- Perform operations of field amine & glycol treaters
- Performing PMs, diagnose, trouble-shoot, repair, and maintain overall proper function of the following types of equipment:
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
- Possess and maintain a valid driverâ€™s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and reliable attendance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Experience in maintenance and operations of gas compressors with engine drivers, glycol dehydrators and Gas plant processing.
- Associates degree in Mechanical Maintenance technology from an accredited technical school.
- Have basic 24 volt electrical skills
- Be able to read O.D. and I.D. micrometers
- 5 yearsâ€™ experience operating and maintaining mechanical equipment and processes listed under job duties.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.