Comply with all industry, customer and company safety regulations and operating procedures, Pre-inspect railcar including management notification of findings. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete all inspections per railcar inspection sheet
- Identify repairs that can be performed by Road & Rail Services
- Remove and properly store securement devices
- Properly secure vehicle for railcar movement
- Conduct railcar inventory
- Position rail cars as specified by Rail Scheduler and Rail Supervisor
- Load and unload railcars at racks and switch to Targa staging yard
- Prepare the railcars for unloading or loading
- Secure the railcar for movement upon completion of loading and unloading.
- Learn Targaâ€™s procedures and processes
- Must employ the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the company's Environmental, Health, and Safety policies and rail procedures
- Performs other work related duties as needed
- Complete other general departmental objectives as required
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school degree or GED equivalent
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license
- 0-1 years of experience, knowledge
- Able to learn working knowledge of regulations (e.g. DOT, OSHA)
- Must be able to report volumes, pressure and verify proper product loading
- Ability to communicate, verbal and written
- Knowledge of basic computer programs including Outlook, ability to learn Excel
- Must be able to clearly communicate all pertinent information at shift change; communicate with Terminal Operators, Lab and other crafts both written and verbally
- Willing to work DuPont schedule and availability to work overtime as business dictates
- 3-4 years of experience preferred
- Some technical, vocational or education preferred
- Some college desired [Transportation]
- Working knowledge of valves, couplings, hoses, pressure and temperature ratings
- Bulk loading and transfer system knowledge preferred
- Highly motivated and able to work with customers and crew members
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.