Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to handle all aspects of a project, as needed, to include customer interface, modeling, detail drawings, analysis, documentation, assembly support, and testing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform conceptual design work and engineering analysis
- Write and review technical proposals and specifications
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications
- Create complete design packages with BOM
- Perform product testing onshore and offshore, write testing procedures, and build specialized testing equipment
- Interface with customers and project managers
- Provide engineering status and progress reports
- Provide technical support on service line developed products
- Occasionally travels offshore or overseas
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has nosupervisory responsibilities
- Reports to the Engineering Lead
- May take direction from Sr. Engineers
- BS Engineering
- 0 - 2 years of industry related engineering experience
- Proficient inMS Office
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Solidworks, AutoCad and MS Project
- Pneumatic, hydraulic, and electro-hydraulic surface and subsea controls, FEA and material specifications experience
- Experience with ROV and/or Subsea equipment design and engineering
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.