In this role, you will be responsible Sustaining Engineering tasks involving the design and development of electrical assemblies for measurement and sensing instruments.Essential Responsibilities:
- Investigate sustaining issues found in production and the field using failure and root cause analysis.
- Propose and develop solutions, update designs, validate and roll out the Engineering Change
- Schematic Capture using Altium Designer
- Circuit Simulation using SIMetrix and/or LTSpice
- Technical document preparation to support the development and manufacturing of the product
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers to solve manufacturing issues.
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives (e.g. HSE)
- Undertake Compliance Testing of products
- Development of tests using Labview
- Development of analogue and digital hardware
- Testing and qualifying of electronic components
- Ensure electrical component and system designs have appropriate analytics, empirical design/testing, and production level verification
- Have a high degree of interaction with the development team and suppliers
- Be a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to embrace multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Be able to generate and communicate creative design concepts to others
- Lead and motivate other Engineers and Technicians in a team environment to foster a creative workplace, allowing for new ideas while embracing speed and excellence
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in new product design
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years' experience or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with 2+ years' experience.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of analogue and digital circuit design and verification.
- Capable of specifying electronic components such as DSP, microprocessors, digital logic, SRAM, Flash memory and supporting passive components, to be realized as a physical design on printed circuit boards.
- Experienced in the use of test equipment such as JTAG, ICE, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, debuggers, and/or simulators.
- Good technical and problem solving skills with a drive for results.
- Electro-mechanical assembly and wiring to support building of prototypes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Technical Document generation - test procedures, assembly descriptions, circuit procedures, requirements.
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders including operations, sourcing, Product management and Project management organizations
- Good time management skills, and the ability to juggle multiple activities.
- Have experience with test & measurement equipment, Windows based PCs, and Microsoft Office
- Effective communicator within technical and non-technical environments
- Be a team player, hands-on, detail oriented, and have good prioritization skills
- Be able to work well independently, prioritize effectively, follow and explain technology developments, and make assertive decisions
BHGE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more