Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Senior Systems Analyst - Informatica will work with members of the BI technical team on the design and development of highly scalable ETL processes and data warehouse utilizing tools such as Oracle, and Informatica for a diverse set of projects. This position requires a strong understanding of the Data Warehouse architecture, design, development and deployment of business intelligence systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the SME for all ETL/Informatica related matters and Conduct POC's; work with functional teams, clarify ETL requirements and business rules;
- Understand business requirements and translate them to technical specifications.
- Create Complex Informatica mappings in Power Center Designer to meet the data integration, cleansing and migration needs.
- Develop and implement technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL-related activities. Develop and ensure adherence to locally defined standards for all developed components.
- Understand and experience maintaining a multi-terabyte enterprise data warehouse with an accompanying nightly update cycle within a team of like-minded and skilled professionals.
- Document designs and architect data maps, develop data quality components and establish and/or conduct unit tests.
- Involved in Integration testing, validating test cases, Performance tuning techniques.
- Work on Identifying and resolving various major production fixes and Provide innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Optimize and tune ETL processes; utilize reusability, parameterization, workflow design, caching, parallel processing and other performance tuning;
- Provide production support for all ETL processes and maintenance. Develop and unit test Unix Shell Scripts for file validation as well as format the input or output data as part of Pre/Post ETL tasks;
- Develop policies and procedures related to development and support of new and ongoing systems to ensure the data Integrity, dictionaries and other documentation across multiple application
- Implement data cleansing and maintain proper normalization of enterprise data to support Decision making and reporting.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Must have 8+ years of Informatica and data warehousing experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering , MIS, Engineering or foreign degree equivalent
- In depth knowledge of Informatica 9.x/10.x Power Center and Power Exchange as a developer.
- 6+ years developing and designing Informatica mappings and testing the performance of ETL code; Informatica ETL Architecture, writing complex SQL queries, and stored procedure; Data Analysis and Data modeling.
- Experience in creating technical design and mapping specifications. Must have some development experience in a Unix/Linux environment and UNIX shell scripting.
- Must have experience with data sourcing, testing/data reconciliation, and deployment within Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing Architecture.
- Experience with large databases and DW Implementation in Oracle, Teradata, mySQL etc
- Experience working in environments with tools like MicroStrategy, Spotfire etc
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Hands-on experience with table spaces, indexes, partitions, and query performance tuning.
- Ability to collaborate with enterprise architects, business architects, analysts and development teams to deliver rapid iterations of complex solutions. Able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Data Quality Tools: Informatica Data Quality, Address Doctor, Identity Resolution
- Data Management Tools: Informatica MDM, Data Masking, Cloud MDM, Changed Data Capture
- Data Replication Tools: Database Archiving, Test Data Management, Fast Clone
- Oil and Gas domain experience
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs