Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The BHGE Digital Technology Internship offer opportunities to the interns to work together with our employees and leaders to solve some of our biggest challenges, helping us to bring smarter ways to bring energy to the world. An internship at BHGE is an opportunity to learn while doing. Collaborating on exciting projects, not only with talented peers, but with top leaders in your field-many of whom began as interns
Essential Responsibilities:This is a 6 month assignment within a BHGE business alongside experts in various locations.
The internship will:
• Inspire and guides university students through career shaping experiences.
• Provides challenging assignments to grow technical skills & capabilities.
• Offer opportunities to solve critical business challenges through cross-functional, mission-based teams.Qualifications/Requirements:• Currently enrolled in a degree in IT, Computer Science or Software or similar from an accredited University.
•A minimum grade point average of 3.0 or equivalent.
• The course curriculum or projects undertaken during your degree should support a demonstration of knowledge in Software Applications/Programming Languages.
• Must be flexible in and able to navigate an ever-changing work environment
• In addition to fluency in English (assessment of your English proficiency may be part of the selection process) and the legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction.
Desired Characteristics:• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• A strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion and aptitude for both software and information technology.
• Up-to-date with current industry standards, trending software, and information technology development tools.
• Solves technical challenges through regular application of common design patterns and identify appropriate patterns for use in problem solving.
• Able to engage positively across multiple departments to establish clarity, vision, and mutual trust to achieve business goals.
• Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms.
• Contributes to creative solutions and challenges the status quo.
• Proactively learns new tools and identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes their adoption.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more