Other Skills: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree in Taxation strongly preferred. CPA required. Substantial Tax experience in Industry/Accounting firm. Substantial US and International Tax experience. Substantial experience with Corporate Restructuring Transactions Substantial experience on ASC 740 required. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client has a permanent opening for the position of Tax Director to work in their office based in London, UK.
The Tax Director will be responsible for managing the Company's worldwide tax provision, tax compliance, tax audit, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. Ensure integrity of tax reporting. Develop and implement tax policies and procedures. Manage global BEPS reporting, compliance and transfer pricing policy. Assist the Vice President-Tax with implementation of global restructuring and planning initiatives. Lead tax due diligence in M&A transactions. Analyze tax efficiency of operating structures in existing and new countries. Provide technical expertise and work closely with other disciplines within the organization to resolve a wide range of issues. Present process improvement and cost saving initiatives to Vice President-Tax.
- Responsible for worldwide quarterly and annual tax provision process. Manage the Company's ASC 740-10 positions, APB 23 positions, and ensure accuracy of tax reporting on all technical issues pertaining to ASC 740.
- Review 10K/10Q and develop tax footnotes.
- Manage the SOX compliance process.
- Develop and implement tax policies and procedures.
- Provide VP-Tax board meeting package and schedules.
- Possess a deep understanding of the Company's worldwide operations and tax related issues in all jurisdictions by collaborating with Corporate Accounting, Legal, Marketing, Treasury, and Operations.
- Act as the lead tax contact on M&A transactions and internal restructuring.
- Develop US and international tax planning initiatives by applying knowledge of the business, tax laws, and tax treaties to minimize taxes.
- Identify and implement host country tax saving opportunities.
- Responsible for tax planning for entry into new countries.
- Work with Division Controllers to coordinate entry into new countries and/or new operating structures.
- Provide tax support to Divisions primarily for direct taxes. Assist as needed on indirect taxes (VAT, Business taxes, etc.).
- Monitor company compliance to tax structures and intercompany transactions.
- Manage global BEPS compliance. Establish and direct worldwide transfer pricing policies and processes.
- Responsible for managing tax audits.
- Work with Treasury for worldwide cash repatriation and cash management strategies.
- Assess how changes in tax laws will impact the Company's global tax provision.
- Responsible for reflecting cross-border and international operations' impact on ASC 740.
- Review foreign income tax returns.
- Assist in the development of policies and processes to ensure the efficient use of tax accounting resources including in-house tax professionals, outside tax advisers, contractors, and tax accounting software.
- Assist Marketing Department for bid needs globally.
- Assist Accounting Department on transaction matters and technical tax accounting issues.
- Maintain effective, open and regular communications with the Vice President - Tax and other executives.
- Develop and present strategies for performance improvement and cost savings within the department.
- Seek relevant training and development opportunities for department.
- Develop and submit departmental budgets.
- Control and monitor actual vs. budgetary performance.
- Support Company initiatives within the Tax Department and throughout the Company.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university required.
- Master's degree in Taxation strongly preferred.
- CPA required.
- Substantial Tax experience in Industry/Accounting firm.
- Substantial US and International Tax experience.
- Substantial experience with Corporate Restructuring Transactions
- Substantial experience on ASC 740 required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills for tax department and for interaction with all departments and levels of management.