Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Supported by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company positions minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying innovations from other industries to progress its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we devote investment in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but essential to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
In June 2018 Equinor announced the award of its largest drilling and well services contract ever. Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE) secured a large scope in the award and will be the main drilling and well services provider for the eight rigs developing Troll, Oseberg and Grane - three of the most prolific and active fields in the Norwegian Continental Shelf. This unique contract calls for ground breaking ways of working, fully integrated as One Team, currently comprising Equinor, drilling contractor and BHGE.
The total fluid engineer is a new job function created to help realize Equinor's re-manning objectives The Total Fluids Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day fluids activities at the rig site. Competent in C1 components for Drilling Fluids (well site test procedures, fluids system management, and service tools). Our Total Fluids Engineers will receive support from BEACON Engineers, Project leaders and Application engineers onshore.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide onsite services by measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties.
- Maintain fluid properties on rig sites by testing fluid properties accurately.
- Maintain inventory at customer well sites.
- Provide effective customer service by providing rig-site customers and coordinators information regarding the progress of a rig site and create/implement solutions to rig site problems.
• MUD/Fluid Testing
• Mud treatment and mixing
• Displacing (OBM/WBM/CF)
• Solid Control Equipment Optimization
• LAB equipment calibration / maintenance
• Test/treat SLOP before backload to shore
• TBT, Meetings, reporting
• Well site logistics
- Pressure testing & pumping with cement unit
- Light maintenance on cement equipment.
- Support during cement operations.
- Back-up radioactive source handling for drilling tools
- Completed basic training on drilling fluids.
- Bachelor graduated in faculty related to drilling oil and gas, chemicals.
- Completion of advanced drilling fluids training and other drilling relating courses.
- Qualified and Accredited Drilling Fluids School with training and experience in measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties
- Experience of working at the well site, ideally as Mud Engineer or Drilling Fluids Engineer.
- Motivated for a new role and change.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of both drilling fluids and cementing services.
- Good knowledge of Equinor operations "best practices safety".
- Ability to think on your feet and accept the accountability of yours and your management's decisions.
- Able to work offshore
• Excellent command of English (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
• Excellent skills in computer and Microsoft Office software. - Fluent in professional software
• Self-starter, excellent work history
• Must be reliable, work safely, and committed to quality serviceLocations:
Offshore (Stavanger), Norway
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more