At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
To wire and assemble complex electronic assemblies and cabinets. Carry out prototype wiring and first off builds. Ability to work to engineering diagrams, drawings, and routings. Build assemblies to meet required quality standards, prescribed costs and agreed lead times. Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintain company soldering and build standards at all times
- Builds electrical modules to company drawings /documents.
- Participate and help implement ideas in Lean work outs. Use knowledge to develop product and process improvements.
- Participate in Continuous improvement activities.
- Produce circuits in Vero Board from Electrical schematics.
- Produce shop cards to improve build quality.
- Carry out testing and calibration on modules to predetermined test process under the guidance from test engineers
- In depth Knowledge / experience of Electrical build process & systems
- Sound Product Knowledge of build processes
- Working effectively with others towards common goals
- Clear concise and unambiguous in exchange of information at working level
- Promote company values through leading behaviours.
- IPC Jstd 0001 trained
- Must have some experience working in electronic /electrical production.
- Results oriented with proven track record.
- Must be capable of producing circuit layouts from schematics.
- Ability to mentor operators and Apprentices.
- Keen to learn
- Attention to detail
- Educated to ONC, City & Guilds, or NVQ level 3 in Electronics / electrical Assembly or equivalent experience.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more