Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
The Compliance Group has an opening for an Investigator position, based in Houston, TX (USA) or Dubai (UAE), reporting to the Associate General Counsel for Investigations. The position includes various responsibilities relating to the Investigations function of the Weatherford Compliance group, with particular focus on compliance with Weatherford's ("WFT") Code of Business Conduct, Anti-Corruption Standards, and Conflicts of Interest Standards, as well as various anti-corruption laws, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ("FCPA").
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct (lead/execute) internal investigations, sometimes multi-disciplinary, with focus on matters involving WFT's Code of Business Conduct, Anti-Corruption Standards, and Compliance policies, and serve as a subject matter expert on forensic accounting matters.
- Support WFT Investigations Managers and coordinate with other functions (Assurance, Human Resources, Health & Safety, Security & Operations) to report findings and recommendations to senior management
- Identify and evaluate WFT's compliance risk areas, and recommend remediation actions to mitigate risk
- Assist in conducting anti-corruption focused country compliance reviews/audits, and desktop audits of WFT global business operations
- Identify and remediate process gaps and non-compliant conduct/behavior (e.g., fraud, financial abuse)
- Draft investigative reports and financial analyses for presentation to management
- Support the design and delivery of Investigations training to non-Compliance investigators
- Other Compliance-based ad hoc projects
- University degree required (Finance, Legal/Audit, Accounting preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of investigations/forensic accounting experience
- Formal forensic accounting training and experience/proficiency working with JDE and/or SAP; knowledge of accounting information systems & financial transactions
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting and/or leading fraud or anti-corruption related investigations
- Certified Fraud Examiner Status
- Experience working in the oil & gas industry
- Experience working with electronic data collection and e-Discovery review tools (e.g., Relativity, Nuix)
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Click here to chat live with a recruiter during US Business Hours
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.