Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
- Experience, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- Read, interpret, and describe technical schematics and drawings
- Measure dimensions using various calipers, micrometers, and scales, reading to within 1/64th of an inch
- Read, interpret, and enforce job associated inspection, assembly/disassembly, or testing procedures
- Ability to efficiently produce technical reports in MS Office Suite Software (Word, Excel), including scanning and uploading supporting documents and incorporating photos into report
- Communicate via email with coworkers, vendors, and customers as necessary
- Basic keyboarding, electronic file organization, and data basing
- Effective and grammatically appropriate written and verbal communication skills
- Perform basic mathematic computations and conversion
- Social and emotional intelligence, able to interact, manage and mitigate conflict with personnel at all levels of industry
- NDT experience
- Oil & Gas experience
- Experience with assembly, repair, or qualification of D&C tools
- Experience with DS-1® Vol 1, 3, 4; API 5DP, 5CT, 6A; ASTM; ISO 9001
Ability to sit, walk, climb stairs, or stand for up to 14 hours with limited breaks
Ability to hear: audible shop alarms, safety instructions issued verbally by shop safety coordinators or equipment operators, phone calls from project managers, dispatch and other internal and external company employees
Ability to see visual defects as small as 1/64" in tools being inspected
Ability to carry a tool bag, computer bag and other personal effects to/from worksite (50lb)
Ability to travel via automobile or airplane
This is an on-call hourly position often requiring non-standard and irregular working hours, up to 16 hours/day. Technicians will receive either the 1st or 3rd or 2nd and 4th weekends off each month. For months with a 5th weekend, all technicians are on-call. Technicians are required to have reliable transportation with the ability to travel 250 miles from home base. Multi-day, overnight travel may be required. Technicians must provide their own laptop and MS Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.