Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Analytical Solutions Manager
- Must be able to communicate well with customers both in the field and on the research teams in Technology to determine which Analytical techniques will help answer their questions.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once by communicating with the team on status updates and prioritizing projects according to the business need.
- Responsible for the hiring and development of the Chemists on the Analytical Solutions team.
- Responsible for making sure the lab is always adequately staffed and cross-trained, in order to provide consistent service.
- Align performance with success through assigning projects to the appropriate Chemist.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and service quality of the lab and the services provided.
- Maintain the safety of the lab and implement improvements where necessary.
- Manage the budget for the Analytical Solutions team.
- Matrix manage to the lab lead on the India Analytical Solutions team to keep the two labs aligned on processes and service quality.
- Make decisions regarding capital purchases to implement new capabilities in the Analytical lab.
- Review and approve technical reports. Ultimately accountable for the quality of the reports and the output of the group.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum degree level - Bachelors in chemistry related field. PhD preferred.
- Minimum related experience of 8 years
- Knowledge and experience with various Analytical techniques. (Minimum 5 years)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in leading teams is preferred.
- Understanding and experience with the oil field operations preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 76850
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Baroid
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.