Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
The position is for an Embedded Software Engineer who will work as part of the Artificial Lift Systems Research and Technology Development team tasked with researching, conceptualizing, designing and qualifying next generation artificial lift systems. The candidate will work in an innovative, challenging and rewarding environment with a team of highly qualified professionals focused on pushing the limits of artificial lift technology through customer focus, creative thinking, research, design, analysis, prototyping, engineering test and field testing.Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with external/internal customers, engineers, and data scientists to deploy analytics, automation, and visualization solutions to address customer needs and opportunities
- Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of embedded software systems
- Generate reports, annotated code, and other project artifacts to document, archive, and communicate the work and outcomes
- Design software solutions for edge computing devices that enable communication and data processing from a wide array of input sources
- Develop human-machine interfaces that allow visualization of time sequenced data streams
- Develop machine-machine interfaces that enable cooperation between equipment typically found in the oil field
- Implement test software on commercially available single board computing systems to demonstrate technical capabilities of analytics, automation, monitoring solutions, etc.
- Support the development of project plans by developing: task lists, engineering estimates, resource requirements, project schedules, technical risk assessments and mitigation plans
- Develop and document system, subsystem and component requirements in accordance with team standards
- Capability to effectively collaborate with other functions such as Supply Chain, Field Operations, Product Line Managers and Customer Relation teams to: ensure project tasks are completed within allocated schedule and budget, develop understanding of business operations, and disseminate technical knowledge
- Interface with internal and external customers in professional manner
- Perform special projects as required
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited university with a minimum 4 years of experience with embedded software development
- Legal authorization to work in the US. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for this position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong peer relationships
- Must be action oriented and driven to achieve results while receiving moderate to minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to complete project work on time and within budget
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to in office in Claremore, OK.
- Experience developing and debugging code for Linux embedded computing systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in coding in languages including but not limited to C, C++, Java
- Working knowledge of networking protocols including TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of IIOT protocols including MQTT
- Experience with HMI development
- Experience working in an innovation and research environment
- Experience with programming and application of LabVIEW.
- Working knowledge of machine control systems and design
- Effective teaming and problem-solving abilities with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven ability to think customer-first and effectively prioritize and pivot as required
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more