Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Norco, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Environmental Reporting Analyst is part of the Environmental Department for compliance determinations and to develop strategies that support business needs.
The purpose and accountabilities for the role are as follows:
- Generate SARA 311, 312 (Tier II), and 313 (TRI) reports.This includes collection of data, analysis, and data entry into computer databases as necessary with appropriate overview. Review new and updated MSDS for SARA hazards and maximum storage quantities. Collection of annual source activity, production and purchasing, and pollution prevention data.
- Prepare Annual Hazardous Waste and Solid Waste reports, Quarterly Hazardous Waste taxes, as well as supporting documentation.
- Assist Water/Waste Coordinator in preparing Monthly Discharge Monitoring reports as well as supporting documentation. Provide backup support to Water/Waste Coordinator when necessary.
- Provide analytical/technical support to Air Program Coordinators (Refinery and Chemicals) when available. This can include various air emission calculations (ERIC, tank emissions, flaring, venting, etc.).
- Interface with the site MSDS Coordinator in the collection of new and updated chemicals in order to maintain OPS environmental and material databases.
- Serves as focal point and subject matter expert for data collection of Environmental Data for entry into Global Performance Management Reporting (GPMR) and Shell Environmental Reporting System (SERS), including GHG, CO2e, etc.
- Responsible for implementing critical enhancements in the way the site adheres to the Shell Performance Monitoring and Reporting (PMR) requirements to significantly improve data reporting accuracy and timeliness.
- Provide technical review and analysis of environmental data and emissions trends (e.g., Waste, Water, GHG, CO2e, TRI, criteria pollutants, and toxic pollutants) and perform air emissions calculations in support of GPMR compliance. Communicate emission trend data and key messages to the SLT and ELT.
- Environmental Focal Point for the site Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) Program leading site-wide improvements in how we properly manage Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) in accordance with international standards (Montreal Protocol), US EPA regulations, and Shell HSSE & SP Control Framework requirements.
- Team member and support to the NMC Recycling Program.
- Team member and support to the NEOC (Environmental Unit Team).
- Assists with Continuous Emissions Monitoring (CEM) Quality Assurance program; reviewing and validating CEM data to comply with regulatory procedures.
- Coordinates and collaborates with the Environmental Department to assist with MOCs, performing emissions calculations, and providing support on various environmental regulatory and reporting issues.
- Assist with agency (EPA/DEQ) inspections, completing any follow-up action items, and communicating inspection findings to the environmental department and managers as necessary.
- Part of the environmental duty rotation.
- Meet all regulatory and internal deadlines.
- Verify the accuracy of all information for submittal to regulatory agencies.
- Provide support for the annual internal/external ISO 14001 audits. Provide support for the HSSE & SP Control Framework audit as the SME for PMR, GHG, CO2e, and ODS.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- BS in Engineering or related equivalent is a must.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in refining, petrochemical or other relevant industries.
- A strong knowledge of Environmental regulatory reporting for environmental compliance programs.
- Proven track record of productivity when challenged with multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong relationship and leadership skills demonstrating initiative, honesty, integrity, courage, and respect.
- Must have high level of organization and attention to detail, specifically in the areas of data analysis and regulatory interpretation/compliance.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video