Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Canada
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor/ Offshore Installation Manager (OIM)
SUPERVISES: Subsea Supervisor/Assistant Subsea
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB SUMMARY: Supervise the maintenance and repair of all subsea BOP and riser systems, Multiplex electro-hydraulic control systems, and all associated surface equipment and systems
PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communication may be substituted in lieu of formal education
- Minimum of one year experience working with a Multiplex system
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the subsea operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the Blow Out Preventer (BOP), Diverter, and associated subsea equipment according to Rig Maintenance System (RMS) guidelines
- Operate and pressure test the BOP on the surface and on the seabed as required
- Direct the deck and drill crews in the running and recovery of the BOP and Marine Riser equipment
- Direct the assembly, installation, and nippling down of the BOP and all well control equipment as required
- Manage BOP workscopes and between well programs
- Operate, maintain and repair the subsea BOP control system (i.e. surface BOP or multiplex electro-hydraulic control system)
- Operate, maintain and test hydraulic connectors. Maintain BOP handling equipment, testing equipment and wellhead equipment
- Operated and service the bridge cranes and related hoisting equipment. Ensure the drill string compensator is serviced as required
- Ensure that the riser pipe system is serviced and tested as required. Operated and maintain the diverter system and the running and handling tools
- Assist in running/testing the wellhead, casing hangers and seal assemblies. Operated and maintain wellhead running/retrieval test tools
- Ensure that the required riser tensioning pressure is set to comply with the mud weight in use. Monitor and maintain the riser guideline and pod line tensioners
- Maintain accurate daily log sheets relevant to the subsea equipment. Maintain records of BOP and associated equipment tests
- Maintain records of inspection and certification of subsea equipment
- Ensure that an adequate supply of spares is maintained to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation
- Maintain records of ton-miles on wire ropes. Slip and cut according to the agreed program
- Ensure that Supervisor is informed of any issues relating to the subsea equipment that might affect the safe and efficient running of operations
- Ensure that the permit to work system is in place and followed
- Other duties as assigned
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: