Skills: Mechanical Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assist the Senior Engineer with the effective provision and operation of inspection systems and services to the allocated Assets / Sites. To ensure that plant and equipment is Certified in accordance with Oceaneering and Client codes of practice, strategies and legislation.
- Support the Senior Discipline Engineers in the assessment of problems both technical and operational by sourcing information, progressing actions, notification of actions etc.
- Participate in RBA review to assist in the development of inspection programs.
- Develop detailed plans, program and workscopes for annual corrosion and integrity monitoring etc.
- Ensure these are captured in the Maintenance Management System (MMS) and / or Inspection Management Database (IDMS).
- Develop workpacks for Senior Engineer approval as per the inspection program or for unplanned activities.
- Plan and organize mobilisation requirements such as technical briefings, workpacks and assist with logistics (e.g. accommodation, flights and equipment associated with site work).
- Review and process inspection reports, anomaly reports (e.g. Inspection Queries (IQ) and Remedial Orders (RO)) etc., as directed by Senior Engineers.
- Where required update the MMS or IDMS with inspection data including that from corrosion monitoring.
- Maintain registers such as for dead legs and temporary repair / defined life repair registers.
- Access corrosion monitoring and inspection data in the IDMS and where appropriate recommend changes in the corrosion monitoring / inspection programs.
- Coordinate and issue reports for performance management or integrity data e.g. overdue reports, KPIs, as directed by line manager.
- Review CTRs as directed
- Perform relief Offshore / Site / Senior Inspection Engineer duties as required within the limits of assigned Letter of Authority (LoA).
- Assist with duties as directed by Senior Discipline Engineers
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports directly to the Senior Inspection Engineer
- The Project Manager and other Senior Engineers may also define the day-to-day work for this position
- Performance will be measured by the Senior Inspection Engineer
- Minimum UKAS RG2 Category 4 compatible
- ONC in Mechanical Engineering or NVQ Level 3 (such as in City & Guilds) in a suitable engineering subject may be accepted if the individual has other qualifications such as ASME or API certification.
- EngTech as defined by Engineering Council (or equivalent), through a suitable Engineering Institute
- HNC or greater in an Engineering related discipline
- Incorporated Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or working towards award
- Offshore medical, BOSIET and MIST certification
- NDT certification for core techniques
- Confined Space Entry training
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience related to the job description, this could possibly be reduced based on qualifications such as an Engineering / Science degree
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes, standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems / procedures and NDE techniques
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office packages and working knowledge of an IDMS
- Specific vision abilities for this job are required (all those who carry out field works should have this validated by undergoing an annual eye test).
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.