Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: TANANGER, Norway
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Supported by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company positions minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying innovations from other industries to progress its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we devote investment in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but essential to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes is currently seeking an experienced Welder, to be based onshore in the workshop in Tananger, Norway.
- Under general supervision, performs welding applications within one or more work teams.
- Performs visual and in-process inspections in accordance with API and ISO quality specifications.
- Helps facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance through-put within the work team.
- Responsible for supporting the team and team's objectives.
- Required to pass periodic welding tests and qualifications in compliance with qualification procedures.
- Use of machine elements, testing/measuring equipment, hand tools and small machines for building and assemblage.
- Repair and maintenance of machines and equipment.
- Ensure HS&E policies and procedures and Quality System Procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintains assigned equipment in accordance with operating specifications.
- Routinely welds, paints and refurbishes equipment.
- Conducts mechanical inspections.
- May use moderately complex diagnostic equipment.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent diploma. 3+ years of experience.
- Certification holder of forklift and overhead crane will be preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and team skills.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use common and specialty tooling including test equipment.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Knowledge of mechanical operating procedures and processes.
- Good analytical skills.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more