BHGE Offers the opportunity as a Senior Solution Architect to join the team in India
Our Solution Architecture team works in a complex environment that places high demands on our architects; we value ownership, imagination, courage to take risks, and the ability to navigate through ambiguity. The Solution Architect works on multiple projects simultaneously, typically complex projects that require in-depth domain knowledge or multiple specialized architecture areas,
across multiple technical or functional domainsEssential Responsibilities:
- Design and implement complex solution designs to support small to extremely large globally distributed business critical solutions, for mostly enterprise internal applications, however, will also include commercial products.
- Coordinates all the hardware and software infrastructure teams through design / provisioning / deployment, as well as guide product teams through the project, risk/compliance, and architecture governance models.
- Embrace various agile approaches to product delivery, always searching for opportunities to create automation that increases quality and product delivery velocity.
- Provide solution architecture in support of application migrations to the various cloud environments, business divestitures, acquisitions, roof-top / data-center consolidations, as well as upgrades to enterprise and commercial products.
- Must be AWS or Azure or GCP certified architect Associate or Professional Level Or IBM Certified Architect, Or Open Group Certified
- Sound knowledge of key principles of High Availability, Scalability, Performance and Data Security (Storage)
- Hands on experience with AWS design & build. Design infrastructure based on AWS
- Strong understanding of related AWS concepts (DNS, Route53, ALBs, WAF, Security Groups, NACLs)
- Infrastructure / Server monitoring, logging, back up and other management services
- Strong Experience with different storage architectures and technologies
- Strong Experience with compute architectures and technologies (Hyper Converged, High Performance Compute, GPU based, Container optimized)
- Strong Experience with Virtualization (VMWare and Hyper V)
- Experience with global and distributed architectures
- Experience with infrastructure design based on On-Prem Data Centres, Public Cloud & Hybrid Architecture
- Strong understanding of Disaster Recovery principles and DR environments
- Familiarity with storage compression technologies and encryption
- Familiarity with containers, orchestration, container management tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in a technical area (Architecture, Software, or Information Technology) or (a high school diploma / GED with at least 12 years of experience in Information Technology or Software).