Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we devote investment in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but essential to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
The Maintenance Technician - Mechanical is responsible for all maintenance and repair of plant and equipment and installation of new machinery. This position will work a shift rota pattern which includes days, back and night shift working.Essential Responsibilities:
· Experienced in machine tool, electric motor or Hydraulic equipment maintenance
· Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment and computer numerical control systems including axis/spindle drive systems
· Repairs production machines and plant as requested to ensure minimum downtime.
· Assist when required in relation to installation of machines and plant to ensure their safe operation in accordance with manufacturer's specifications from the point of installation onwards
· Operating Maintenance Management System to create & execute work orders and using historical records to assist repairs.
· Ensuring all maintenance operations are carried out in accordance with quality specifications
· Assisting other Maintenance engineers / technicians to carry out their tasks when required.
· When unsupervised taking responsibility of the security of maintenance department.
· Responsible for ensuring that all activities are conducted in line with all HSE requirements and procedures.
· Any Other Duties as RequiredQualifications/Requirements:
- School Certificates or equivalent
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent or relevant experience working in a maintenance department supporting production and/or manufacture.
- Mechanical experience working in a maintenance department supporting production and/or manufacture.
- Ability to read and comprehend hydraulic, pneumatic & machine schematic diagrams.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, manuals, correspondence, and memos.
- Skills in the use of Microsoft Office e-mail
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Time served engineer
- Knowledge of Maintaining & servicing machine tools including CNC/NC Machines. Mechanical knowledge of machine tools. (hydraulics, pneumatics, gearboxes, ball screws, etc.)
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more