Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
The UK Facilities Manager leads the Facilities strategy and operation for All SPS/ Services Baker Hughes a Ge Company sites located in the UK including smaller offsite locations
Using a combination of internal and external resources, the UK Facilities Manager is responsible for the Strategic Approach on Capex and Opex spend throughout the calendar year. Achieving business targets and goals on cost saving and bullet train opportunities.Essential Responsibilities:
- Using technical, previous experience and external solutions to ensure that the business has a forward plan to move from reactive maintenance and repair to predictive maintenance to reduce repair downtime to the production of equipment on sites.
- The UK Facilities Manager works closely with Security, Health and Safety, Sourcing and FM contacts managers to ensure service levels are kept high and improvement opportunities are evaluated and executed.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills to manage facilities operations and related administrative activities in all managed UK offices. Manage and direct staff plus outsourced contractors.
- Maintain frequent communications with end users and Senior leadership with an emphasis on face to face communication. The Lead Manager must have the ability to interface across all levels of the organization and develop effective working relationships with senior management in the various business units.
- Liaise effectively and frequently with other internal service partners ( IT, Strategic Sourcing, Security, Health & Safety, HR, etc) developing good working relationships in order to ensure effective partnering with regard to the delivery of services and with the implementation of company standards and practices.
- Perform analysis to support office space requirements and implementation of corporate standards (office, furniture, etc.) and operating efficiencies.
- Develop, continually monitor and review, all facilities operating and capital budgets and ensure corporate policies regarding the recharging of shared facilities costs are adhered to. Ensure accurate budgeting, cost control and forecasting.
- Continually review processes, procedures and systems, ensuring that efficient, user-friendly, customer focused solutions are consistently delivered.
- Oversee the following Services, ensuring superior results for end users:-
- Lease Management and Business Rates
MAJOR SERVICE CONTRACTS (eg Cleaning, Catering, Property Management)
- Constantly monitor standards and resolve any performance issues. Ensure value for money and that the service is adequate to meet the needs of the business across all sites but not excessive. Carry out regular checks to ensure that costs are in accordance with contract provisions and KPI's. Work with Strategic Sourcing to regularly review, generally by competitive bidding, all such contracts.
- Directly accountable for the annual budget and ongoing forecasting process for F&S Pool costs, working closely with local Finance. Constantly monitor expenditure against budget and bring exceptions to the attention of local Finance. Fulfill procedures regarding purchase order authorization. Always seek approval for unplanned/unbudgeted expenditure and comply with the company's requirements for competitive bidding etc.
- Strong emotional intelligence and strong leadership skills to manage the Facilities & Services direct staff on a day to day basis, dealing with operational, training, motivational and disciplinary issues in order to ensure that the highest level of service is provided to the company within the constraints of the resources available. Coach and lead them to success.
- Extensive experience of managing Facilities Services with significant experience of dealing with multi-million pound contracts
- Exceptional people management dealing with people from various/diverse backgrounds
- Strong and proactive stakeholder management with senior executives
- Extensive experience of managing budgets and providing Senior management with details costs and plans
- Membership of the BIFM
- Experience of working for a global multinational organisation (desirable)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other normal business software
- Demonstrated skill set in working in a consultative role, selling ideas and concepts, and capable of managing diverse business styles and interfacing at all levels of the organisation
- Open and approachable
- Strong leadership skills; knowing how to intelligently deal with conflict and/or ability to push back on requests when necessary
- Must be able to develop a strong team that is proactive in developing solutions and in their client services approach
- Team player, ability to form good working relationships with colleagues (internally & externally).
- In addition to managing the direct team, the Lead Manager must know how to manage upwards/laterally as well
- Organised and detail oriented - with excellent level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation
- Collaborative working style
- Able to develop long term goals and develop strategic plans for the facility.
- Must be service-oriented and capable of managing and developing a service oriented staff.
- Able to simultaneously manage numerous projects of various magnitudes.
- Able to implement new policies and procedures.
- The UK Facilities Manager needs to be self motivated, organized, strategically minded, and capable of managing in a diverse, political and cultural environment
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website