Skills: Business Development
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Assistant Sustainability Consultant
Location: London, Prescott Street (E1)
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits package
REACH NEW HEIGHTS WITH A GLOBAL LEADER
Ready for your next challenge? We're looking for an ambitious Assistant Sustainability Consultant with the skills and personal attributes needed to make a difference in a global leading, €100M turnover business.
Working with the Assurance team, the key focus of this role is to contribute to the delivery of a range of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Assurance projects as well as supporting the development and growth of the business, staying alert to client requirements and business opportunities.
GREAT WITH PEOPLE
This unique role offers the chance to join an influential team within a truly global leading organisation, working with some of the world's biggest brands. All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake a variety of quantitative and qualitative data verification tasks
- Play an active role in the delivery of sustainability report assurance and data verification projects
- Conduct primary and in-depth research as required
- Support interaction with clients and relationship building as part of project delivery
- Manage personal resources and time, including personal utilisation, with guidance from line manager
- Support and undertake site visits to client sites and offices
- Provide administrative support to the team as required
- Keep up to date with current developments within sustainability
- Ensure a safe, environmentally conscious and high quality culture
Candidate requirements include:
- A degree in a relevant subject: Environment, Sustainability, carbon or mathematical (MSc preferred) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and interest in a range of sustainability issues and frameworks such as GRI, CDP, GHG Protocol etc.
- Strong analytical and/or data processing skills
- Excellent research skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good report writing skills
- Flexible approach and a team player
- Strong English language skills (spoken and written)
WORLD LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.