Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project based in Aberdeen for a duration of 6 months.
You will join the Electrical Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for electrical power systems for onshore and offshore, oil & gas facilities. Engineering personnel are involved in the design, calculation, specification and requisition of electrical equipment and comprehensive analysis of electrical designs to ensure inherently safe systems. Design personnel are generally involved in layout and 3d modelling of electrical equipment and cable management systems, draughting and calculation of lighting, material quantities and weights.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Administer and implement Company, and where applicable, Client/Project policies and procedures
- Supervision of discipline personnel and allocation of work
- Approval, checking and preparation of design/engineering documentation
- Underatke staff appraisals of discipline staff - Undertake training of less experienced engineers, including duties as a mentor
- Ensure delivery of all aspects of discipline design, specification and procurement of the project to cost, schedule and quality criteria
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standard, Regulations and Procedures.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope.
- Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant Codes and Standards
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsons values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Bacherlors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Chartered Engineer and member of appropriate engineering institution
- Mature engineer with sound technical background and wide ranging expertise
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Highly Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Experienced in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Experienced in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
- Competent in commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering
- Experienced in controlling all aspects of discipline design including some multi-discipline aspects
- Highly experienced in quality control/safety/environmental methods and quality assurance/safety/environmental procedures for engineering
- Highly experienced in producing man-hour and material estimates for all discipline activities
- Experienced/competent in leading, supervising and the organisation of a medium/large sized single discipline team withni a project
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates.