Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stavanger, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The electrical Engineer is part of the controls discipline and will have the responsibility of the execution of the technical tasks assigned as part of a team or individually. Electrical Engineer is capable of taking technical decision with minimum help to execute the tasks within the schedule and maintain quality. The Electrical Engineer will conduct detail/conception engineering, repair, modification, re certification, mob/demob, workshop testing and documentation of Subsea Control Systems.
Essential Responsibilities:• Execute the given engineering tasks/projects (Independently or part of a team), according to GE and international standards and procedures
• Interpretation of client standards and global practices
• Provide support to Workshop and Offshore operations
• Create/Review/Approval of engineering Parts/Documents/Procedures/Study Reports/ Design/Requirement as per guidelines
• Support CTR process and create scope of work
• Customer contact particular to Technical clarifications
• Give OTR/workshop day to day support by solving GRN and general services
• Responsible for the quality and the execution of the technical task assigned reach OTD
• Progress reports of the tasks assigned and take ownership in follow up cost and on time delivery
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all timeQualifications/Requirements:• Masters/Bachelor within Electrical Engineering, Control System or equivalent
• Experience within Subsea Production Control Systems
• Experience and knowledge of electrical control systems
• Knowledge in Production Controls System product line
• Experience in electrical product design
• Knowledge of International & National Regulations
• Ability to gain progress and efficient solutions
• Ability to find and execute cost reduction, increased efficiency and standardization
• Strong cooperation skills to work global and cross-functional environment
• Demonstrate commercial understanding
• Proven results in similar position
• Good English communication skills both oral and written
Desired Characteristics:• Highly proactive and results oriented
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Knowledge on embedded software, CAN/Modbus and ethernet protocols is beneficial
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more