Skills: Field Service Tech, Snubbing
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview : Supervises 2+ employee crew with the rigging up and down of a snubbing unit and operation of jacking tubing in the well. Provide snubbing services through management of employees and contractors on a job site to operate snubbing equipment.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Area Manager or Operations Manager
Directs Reports: 2-3 crew members, usually a minimum of one Snubbing Operator and one Snubbing Assistant
- Supervises 2-3 person snubbing crew in planning, organizing and carrying out a snubbing operation
- Determines the need and use of equipment for each job
- Advises customer on the proper procedures to perform a snubbing well service operation and provide instruction on proper procedures
- Enforce safety for each snubbing unit's operations in accordance with the Basics to Success (BTS) guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Prepare and keep accurate paperwork on unit service work, time sheets, delivery tickets, job reports and other administrative forms
- Promote sales of snubbing unit services, including calling on customers and potential customers
- Provide training for new hires and continuously instruct crews on proper operating procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- At least three (3) years snubbing experience.
- Knowledge of tripping pipe, swabbing, and various hydraulic power swivels.
- Extensive knowledge of products and services.
- Valid driver license and acceptable driving record
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse group including customers, managers, contractors and well service personnel
- May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Able to work independently in an environment under pressure in emergency situations and where priorities change quickly
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks
- Able to read, write, speak and understand basic English
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Basic computer skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, push, pull, squat, crawl and walk. Ascend and descend ladders and stairs, with long periods of standing or sitting
- Exposure to working outdoors and extreme weather conditions
- Ability to travel over 50% of the time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Significant amount of required driving time
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H 2 S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres, and industrial chemicals
- This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment