Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
Position Overview: Manages a multi-million dollar geographically defined area or product/service offering. Responsibilities include profit and loss accountability, employee management and development, sale of services, engineering maintenance, inventory, safety awareness and equipment management.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: VP, Region Manager, District Manager, or Operations Manager
Directs Reports: Field Supervisor, Staff Assistant, Dispatcher, Administrative Coordinator, Mechanic/Shop personnel
- Performs work directly related to general business operations. Routinely exercises discretion and independent judgment
- Manages and develops plans for the efficient use of equipment, materials and personnel. Ensures policies and procedures are implemented in accordance with established guidelines and compliance standards are met
- Develops and maintains customer relationships with existing and new accounts
- Enforces safety for the yard's operations in accordance with the Basics to Success guidelines, which include safety inspections, safety meetings, and compliance
- Reviews and approves all paperwork which may include and is not limited to log sheets, timesheets, job tickets, invoices, paid time off, IFTA, safety, DOT and ATF compliance as required
- Generates jobs and maintain bids for customers
- Takes customer orders and schedules personnel to fulfill the job
- Delivers and reviews tickets with customer for approval and invoicing
- Interviews and hires new employees, enforces company policies and procedures and provides disciplinary actions as needed
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education.
- Must have knowledge of oilfield/field operations and equipment
- Minimum two (2) years' of experience in a manager/supervisor position
- Requires intermediate to strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with inside and outside contacts
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high stress environment
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of and experience in the well servicing or related oil and gas environment; Knowledge and experience in DOT regulations
- Ability to analyze and assess financial reports
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- 7+ years' experience in oil and gas industry
- Long periods of sitting and standing may be necessary
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H 2 S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment