Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs inbound and outbound tests of MAGNUS Bias Units, Controllers, and Downlink Commanders.
- Assembles and disassembles all sizes of MAGNUS bias units and controllers, ensuring quality and service procedures are followed
- Assembles and disassembles Downlink Commanders for complete service and ensures recertification is performed.
- Operates the Break-out Unit to assemble and disassemble Bias Units
- Performs visual inspection on all parts according to the pass/fail criteria as laid out in the WI. Defers questionable parts to QC.
- Completes documentation on parts that do not meet the quality standard and removes those parts to the Inventory room for repair or disposal.
- Performs failure analysis and updates analysis in the Reliability database.
- On Call 24/7 capability
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
· Mechanically inclined
· Technical knowledge of Drilling Systems products and Services
· Excellent communication, organization, troubleshooting and teamwork skills
· A positive attitude and a high degree of self-discipline and motivation.
· Self-sufficient, ability to work under demanding conditions. Works well with others.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.