Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Communications Specialist - BHGE Digital is a core member of the Communications team at BHGE, running Communications programs for the software and Artificial Intelligence business within Baker Hughes, a GE company as well as for the larger digital story across all of BHGE.
This role reports into the head of Communications for BHGE Digital and will have the opportunity to run projects across internal and external communications initiatives. This role also works in close partnership with the global BHGE Communications team, across regions and product companies, to design, drive and execute integrated communications programs that bring BHGE's digital strategy to life.
This role will help build and grow a BHGE-wide understanding and support of digital technology and manage day-to-day employee communications for the BHGE Digital organization, partnering with HR and the leadership team. This role will also support customer experiences, curating digital commercial opportunities through events and ongoing customer engagement programs, partnering closely with the Marketing organization, BHGE technology leaders, and collaborators from our new digital partner, C3.ai.
The ideal candidate will be driven, proactive and polished with integrated corporate communications experience. The candidate must be a strong writer and know how to translate complex information into simple, clear and impactful communications programs that are then amplified in the right way to reach key audiences.
In the role of Communications Specialist - BHGE Digital, you will:
- Support external programs - including events, media/PR, social, web, and advertising
- Support internal programs - including Intranet content, commercial communications, all employee communications, and executive platform development
- Support the BHGE and C3.ai partnership with internal and external communications programs
- Support UNIFY, BHGE's annual digital conference
- Find new ways to connect the BHGE Technology and Digital stories, driving a narrative for thought leadership and commercial audiences
- Contribute to the larger BHGE Communications organization, engaging with teams from across the company to ensure alignment on the digital narrative and support internal communications and event and media requests that involve digital
- Partner closely with marketing teams to ensure alignment to product marketing, demand generation and pipeline objectives
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or Business from an accredited college
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Communication
- Travel 10% of the time, as required
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal communications; strong public speaker
- Excellent executive engagement skills
- Clear-thinker, good listener, problem-solver
- Ability to effectively juggle content strategy and development that spans from highly creative to technical
- Self-starter able to work successfully across complex matrix of stakeholders
- Interpersonal skills with ability to embrace & drive change in a matrixed environment
- Experience leading and/or direct involvement in large-scale projects and programs
- Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on business, market and customer trends
- Demonstrated achievement working with commercial and/or marketing teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results
- Experience working with complex enterprise software applications; SaaS / PaaS experience a plus
- Passion for technology and the ability to translate technology capabilities into compelling messaging and storytelling for a CxO audience
- Excellent people and agency management, project management and organizational skills
- San Ramon, CA
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more