Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Construction Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD75 per hour
Location: Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large operator company, has an opportunity for a Turn Around Execution Coordinator ( scaffolding ) for a TA in Fort McMurray until October 31, 2019. This is a contract role on site on a 10 day on and 10 days off rotation. Flights are only from Calgary or Edmonton.
Provide leadership to insure execution of job scope is done in a safe, environmentally sound and cost effective manner to support the long term reliability of the refinery.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with Operations Turnaround Coordinator to validate value added, detailed job scopes. Ensure plans incorporate all learnings and archived plans from previous turnarounds.
• Utilize job scopes, subject matter experts, technical literature, equipment drawings, field visits, job safety aids, safety standards, etc. to develop detailed, safe, efficient job plans.
• Prepare job packages per a defined, detailed operating discipline utilizing SAP to sequence the jobs and order the materials.
• Complete a rigorous planning certification process, and as experience allows mentor other planners.
• Collaborate with the scheduler, project teams when relevant, Operations Turnaround Coordinator, and other applicable SMEs to develop a value creating integrated schedule.
• Collaborate with the scheduler and cost controller to develop a value creating labor resource plan.
• Procure labor, managed services, and materials per defined labor and material selection processes.
• Set up service level agreement meetings with service providers and perform pre walk through exercises / dress rehearsals.
• Direct work activity in pre-work, execution, and post-work. Drive safety and productivity performance, remove barriers as needed, update schedules, and approve labor charges.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Must have a background in scaffolding
• Minimum 10 years' experience in a chemical or refining manufacturing facility.
• 20+ years' experience in and understanding of the flow of maintenance work in various crafts.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends and nights as needed.
• Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish.
• Ability to collaborate, negotiate, and facilitate decision - making in high stress turnaround environment • Have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Maintenance craft experience or exposure to maintenance work in a refining or petrochemical environment.
• Experience in planning jobs in SAP.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.