Baker Hughes, a GE company has an Equipment Technician to support the assembly, maintenance, repair, and overhaul (ARMO) of the Tubing Conveyed Perforating (TCP) products at our Broussard, LA facility.Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintains, tests and assembles product / tools / sub-assemblies.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures for operations.
- Work to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices.
- Complete tool inspections in accordance with engineering drawings.
- Enter data into database and access the necessary maintenance data records to apply conditional based maintenance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in oil and gas manufacturing/ARMO experience.
- 1+ years of experience in oilfield perforating gun loading, firing head assembly, and other accessories equipment for TCP.
- Experience with explosive handling and regulations.
- Knowledgeable in the process of documenting regulated inventory as per ATF/State Police policy.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills.
- Skilled in the use of measurement and gauging equipment.
- Must be able to work 8am to 5pm and on call every other week as business needs.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- 3+ years of oilfield experience in the Tubing Conveyed Perforating and/or Drill Stem Testing product lines.
- Versed and mechanical devices.
- Forklift driving experience a plus.
Broussard, LA 70518
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more