Skills: Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Well Engineer - Software Integrated Solutions (SIS) is responsible for well engineering and operations support for one or more rigs including preparing Well Proposals, Basis of Designs, Well Programs, and End of Well Reports. Responsible for drilling application support for well control, collaborative well planning, drilling interpretation, drilling performance analysis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs offset well analysis
- Prepares the Well Proposal and Basis of Design and follows the execution of programs technically
- Performs casing and tubing design
- Prepares Well Programs and timely End-of-Well reports
- Prepares well operations procedures e.g. Casing running and cementing
- Provide well control planning and operational support
- Provide drilling optimization analysis and support
- Conduct Proof of Concept studies
- Ensures proper communication with relevant parties (client, Product Lines, third parties, etc)
- Uses InTouch for best practices, lessons learned and technical alerts
- Forecasts and plans medium and long term needs to meet program requirements
- Anticipates operational changes and needs and revises plan accordingly
- QA/QC of data in Daily Drilling Report
- Monitors daily Time/Depth progress
- Initiates engineering corrective action to ensure a process of continuous improvement
- Performs engineering studies to solve recurring problems (wellbore stability, lost circulation, washouts, etc)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering degree or above, preferably Petroleum related.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the related field.
- Fluent in Malay and English.
- Willing to work in KL city center.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 100,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.