Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Role Summary:
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Sourcing Leader to be based in Moscow, Russia.Essential Responsibilities:
- Design sourcing strategies and develop internal/supplier relationships that extract maximum value from the current and potential supplier base. Strategies are continuously challenged and refined.
- Lead supplier selection process and negotiate global contracts. Develop actionable recommendations based on a clear definition and articulation of options and tradeoffs; develops action plans that anticipate implementation problems and leverages internal and supplier capabilities while building full commitment throughout the process.
- Maintains thorough industry and category knowledge to improve quality and on time delivery.
- Develops the strategy to execute cost reduction projects based on strategic imperatives of the business.
- Partners with business stakeholders and commodity colleagues to influence contract negotiations, drive process changes, and implement sustainable cost controls.
- Create and/or enforce business policies to meet business targets and customer needs, including improving procurement processes and optimizing Sourcing resources to enhance the customer experience with Sourcing.
- Collaborate with Finance leadership to validate the impact of projects and contract negotiations to the general ledger.
- Determine through collaboration with business leaders and commodity leaders what the sourcing projects of focus should be across the region to drive deflation, usage, cash, and PSL (preferred supplier lists).
- Determine the appropriate savings projects and drive throughout the organization.
- Lead VCP (variable cost productivity) for material and services across all commodities as well as monitors and drives cost-out initiatives aligning to commodity strategy
- Proactively monitors risks, own escalations, mitigation and initiatives necessary for corrective actions
- Leads the evaluation process for business related commodity and suppliers for business or region
- Monitor supplier performance and communicate issues back to commodity team for resolution.
- Engage with the broader Sourcing organization for the business or region and participate in business or region wide strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Prepare, present, and influence senior leaders on current and future sourcing imperatives
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes health, safety and environmental policies, legal compliance requirements and Baker Hughes core values.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. Master's Degree preferred.
- 10+ years related experience, including project management, business contracts and negotiation experience.
- 3+ years management experience.
- Broad commodity and sourcing knowledge.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Strong project management, contracts and financial skills.
- Solid conflict management and change leadership skills.
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, and communication skills.
- Masters of business administration (MBA)
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence people and drive change at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work across locations and time zones including connections with regions and sites.
- Demonstrated ability to influence across a complex matrixed organization
- Proven financial, quantitative and data analysis skills
- Familiarity with Sourcing Systems
- Proven ability to manage complex global projects
- Proven ability to develop solutions to resolve operational risks and drives to completion with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated track-record of leading with the highest level of integrity with a focus on compliance
- Excellent business/financial acumen proficient in leading and setting direction for teams, including demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and drive change at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead courageously, maintaining a strong position amidst opposition to resolve important issues, and ability to navigate through a large complex business
- Excellent business/financial acumen, proficient in leading and setting direction for teams
- Proven ability to Influence/communicate at all levels; establish good relationships, drive change across functional and global boundaries
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more