Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Perform all activities necessary for QC Welding/Painting Inspection.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Raw Material Inspection
- Check the welding consumable as per WPS
- Check the bevel angle, root gap face as per WPS
- Check the Fit-up root gap and misalignment as per WPS
- Check the root pass and hot pass amps and volts
- After completing fill and cap check visual inspection
- For visual inspections, request client and submit the visual inspection report
- Request NDT for the weld joint
- After completing, request client to review the film
- After the film review, submit all the reports for client's signature
- Release for further activities
Painting/ Coating Activities
- First check coating raw material inspection
- Before blasting, clean weld joint with fresh water and check the salt level. If it is ok, proceed with sand blasting.
- Continue monitoring the weather condition every 2 hours.
- After completing the sand blasting, check the blasting profile, salt test, dust test, check the surface temperature, humidity and ambient temperature
- After that primer, preheat and apply primer and check the primer thickness, as per requirement.
- After that, heat the joint with induction coil to require temperature @180-200 DEG.
- After that, apply heat shrink sleeve and go for holiday test @ 25 K.V and check the D.F.T of applied sleeve.
- All activities should be witness as per I.T.P and client inspection
- Make final report for coating and submit it to client for signature.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AWI (CWI, SCWI)
CSWIP (3.1, 3.2)
BGAS (grade 3, 2, 1)
NACE (level 1, 2, 3)
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 5 years solid experience in QC Welding/Painting Inspection in Oil and Gas Industry
This position is considered ONSHORE/OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors/outdoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.