Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an IT Applications Support Analyst, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
The IT Client Services team understands and represents the needs of its client base, in this case the UK Asset Teams.
The role combines business relationship management, application and solution Management/ownership, business analysis and project/activity coordination.
- Form part of a matrix client services team (locally and globally) to support the whole business with both local and functional contexts; in this case primarily locally focused but with strong collaboration with functional peers
- Primary IT focal point for the UK Asset Teams - own the IT / business relationship with the associated personnel
- Proactive, positive and professional engagement with the Asset Teams; embed in the day-to-day operations of the asset, be fully aware of IT requirements, issues and opportunities
- Coordinate overall IT activity towards the assets and specifically regarding the use of applications and data; act as project manager for small scale scopes and/or interact with PM's assigned to the larger scopes - using company's (simplified) project control guidelines (which are largely based on a simplified PRINCE2 / gated process)
- Be fully aware of cyber security contexts and implications related to the assets and specifically for the offshore / industrial environment; awareness of standards such as IEC62443, ISA99, NIS directive (EU)
- Suitable domain knowledge of typical asset operations (e.g. production and maintenance activities) as well as strong awareness of IT applications used to support such operations, with particular focus to IoT, real-time contexts. Be able to contribute to the company's adoption of digital twin and industry 4.0 solutions
- Perform regular and compliant reporting and control duties including progress reporting, issues, change and vendor & license management, cost control
Internal and external interfaces
- Internal: IT client services peers and management; IT shared services (collaboration, coordination). Asset management and associated operations and engineering teams
- External: Suppliers (services and solutions)
- Ideally able to travel offshore (necessary training can be provided). Travel to other company European offices is possible. Possible requirement to perform on-call duties.
- Suitable education, ideally at degree level
- Excellence business relationship / client facing skills
- Experience of upstream oil & gas operations - including associated IT applications including industrial IT
- Strong coordination, collaboration and organization skills
- Knowledge of typical mainstream upstream O&E applications (PI, Maximo, SAP, Primavera P6, Synergi)