This position is for an electrical engineer with experience in embedded software development for board-level microcontroller/microprocessor firmware.
In this position, a successful candidate will be responsible for the firmware development from concept through release to production, including early concept block diagrams, design, unit testing, integration testing, and after-launch support.Essential responsibilities:
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to ensure design meets customer requirements.
- Develop firmware code for embedded system that implements support for standard communication protocols such as: USB, UARTs, I2C, SPI, Ethernet (DoIP), TCP/IP.
- Utilize lab Instrumentation such as; multi-meters, Logic Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope.
- Tests and debugs embedded FW stand-alone and In-Systems using simulators, debuggers, and other tools.
- Generates technical documentation as necessary for product release.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university or institution.
- 5+ years of industry experience in design and development of C/C++ code and tools for embedded firmware for on board microcontrollers.
- Knowledge or familiarity with schematics capture software such as Altium Designer or OrCAD. Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electronic loads, and signal generators.
- Background or familiarity in the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with RTOS and/or Linux OS.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more