Skills: Drilling Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under general supervision, the Senior Well Engineering Leader is responsible for more technically complex well designs and process implementation for well proposals, the Well Basis of Design, and Well Operation Programs. May be responsible for supervising less senior Well Engineers. Assures technical integrity of Well Operations planning and execution. Responsible for continuous improvement through lessons learned, timely End-of-Well reports and ensures feedback is incorporated in future operations. Ensures creation and approval of Approval for Expenditure (AFE) and cost control of operations. Ensures risk assessments are conducted to assure a safe and environmentally acceptable program and forecasts and plans medium and long term needs to meet program requirements. Coordinates daily morning meetings, anticipates operational changes and needs and revises plans accordingly. Evaluates results compared to goals and performance targets. Ensures engineering studies are performed to solve recurring problems. Prepares equipment lists and identifies long lead items. Requires a Bachelor of Engineering, preference in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering, and 8+ years of well services experience. Well Supervisory experience and exposure to Multi-discipline operations is preferred. Must have Well Control Certificate.
- Experience in typical presalt completions operations to become customer trusted advisor, which includes:
- Open hole lower completion installation/Upper completion with Intelligent Completion Deployment /Conventional Intelligent completion with 3 zones/Liner Hangers/Reentry, P&A and WBC/Completion fluids /Perforation/ Stimulation / Coil tubing and N2 Injection /Well testing for workover operations and DST/Light and Heavy workover/ Experience with Subsea Christmas Tree and Intelligent Completion interface and SIT (System Integrated Test);
- Additional knowledge of conventional completions, which includes:
- Safety valves, flow controls, packers and intervention solutions/ Advanced completions: sand control tools and screens /Gravel pack operations and multilaterals
- Ability to manage multi-skills technical team and drive to results the whole team, influencing and creating common sense of value and objective, leadership skills and organization is critical.
- Contract management abilities, focus in contract details to understanding customer needs without jeopardize profitability with additional contingency items not necessary.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Innovative work-environment in a global company
- Competitive salaries and pension schemes
- Career opportunities both domestically and globally
- Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment
- Focus on technology and further development
This opportunity is also available for people with disabilities .
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.