Drilling Services BHGE Argentina is looking for a self-motivated and achievement-oriented engineer to join the Drilling Applications Engineering team as "Lead Engineer -Customer Applications Engineering".
We are looking for an individual with a degree in Petroleum Engineering or a related discipline, and a good understanding of directional drilling principles, MWD/LWD, well planning, and drilling engineering and drilling optimization.
This position is ideally suited for an engineer with a technical or R&D background in Drilling Services who wishes to progress in the challenging and stimulating environment of Drilling Engineering.Essential Responsibilities:
- Create best feasible directional profiles according to customer requirements, Evaluate anti-collision results and create a plan forward for monitoring, Survey management when required.
- Provide technical support for BHA configuration (Drill string and BHA design, torque & drag, borehole hydraulics, Vibration analysis) using specialized drilling engineering software.
- Monitor real-time operations on daily basis to optimize drilling practices and recommend actions to follow.
- Continuous communications with field hands to improve performance.
- Complete EOWR - End of well reports for each drilled well
- Maintain drilling statistics to benchmark performance to get continuous improvement.
- Interface as drilling Applications engineering expert with operations, clients, product line management, product development, research, training etc.
- Create and maintain global operating procedures and best practices for common drilling engineering activities and pertinent parts of product manuals.
- Assure consistency and proper handling of all documentation in the Baker Hughes documentation and knowledge management systems.
- Investigate and analyze unsatisfactory product performance and drive requirements for products or services enhancement to improve our competitive position.
- Produce and uphold performance statistics for tendering.
- Support Marketing/ Product Line Management to benchmark technical product performance.
- Develop and deliver training for Geo-market field engineers and office based support personnel
- Handle special projects as assigned
- 8-10 years of previous experience in well planning, directional drilling engineering, drilling optimization, BHA recommendations, reports, torque and drag and customer management.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, theories and practices of Directional Drilling and MWD Systems
- Previous experience in drilling optimization and focused in customer service
- Wide understanding on Conventional and Un-conventional drilling
- A good theoretical understanding of simulation software concepts (Finite Element Analysis) and data requirements will be an asset
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with abstract, conceptual thinking regarding to processes, workflows, and technical systems.
- Self-driven, result-oriented, and eager to work with new technologies. Comfortable working on longer-term projects, as well as ad-hoc assignments, in an office environment with little supervision.
- Fluent in written technical Spanish - English and proficient in common office software. Clear language and communication skills are paramount.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to build a good working network with different stakeholders in the product center and global operations.
- Practical experience in well planning and drilling application engineering (Hydraulics, Torque & Drag, Statics and Dynamics BHA Analysis)
- Drilling operations experience (Onshore)
- Performance drilling optimization training
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more