Skills: Reliability Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Reliability Manager will be responsible for implementation and continuous improvement of refinery maintenance and reliability initiatives for fixed and rotating equipment to ensure safe, stable and reliable operation of the refinery. This position will be located in Shreveport, LA, and report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Mentor and develop staff to implement industry and design codes best practices through all initiatives
- Provide supervision and management to Reliability and Inspection Departments
- Monitors Inspection Dept. to ensure PSM compliance with Mechanical Integrity Programs
- Balance requests and resources to maintain program efficiency and ensure compliance with local, state and federal requirements
- Participate and champion root cause investigations for equipment failures and apply lessons learned
- Implement reliability initiatives to improve equipment reliability throughout the facility
- Assist in development of training curriculums to improve Operator and Maintenance Technician knowledge
- Utilize reliability tools, analytics, failure evaluations, and cost analysis to improve reliability of rotating equipment systems
- Provide technical review of site plant changes from a mechanical engineering standpoint as part of the Management of Change Procedure
- Lead and participate in Root Cause of Failure Analysis (RCFA)
- Develop and track key performance indicators to evaluate the health of the inspection program and identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist with the development and implementation of a bad actor failure reduction program for fixed and rotating equipment
- Responsible for maintaining equipment database files, records, and procedures
- Provide technical oversight on non-routine repairs and hot taps
- Maintain currency with developments in the fixed equipment field and recommend improvements to current practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering technology
- Ten (10) years of mechanical integrity experience in petroleum refinery or related industry
- Hands-on experience in heavy industrial settings (Refining, Chemicals, Petroleum,)
- In depth knowledge of applicable codes and standards including API 510, 653, 570, 571
- Experience with one or more formal root cause analysis methodologies (e.g. TapRoot, Reason, Apollo, €¦)
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- General knowledge of metallurgy, welding, equipment repair, corrosion mechanisms
Familiar with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
Experience with utilizing PSAim software for equipment history and inspection data collection and analysis
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
About Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
A Commitment to Excellence in Hydrocarbon Specialty Products
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products; produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel; and provides oilfield services and products to customers throughout the United States.
Calumet is based in Indianapolis and produces nearly 3,500 unique specialty products used in the development of the world’s most trusted brands and products. Calumet is vertically integrated and holds a comprehensive portfolio of branded products for use in commercial, industrial, and consumer applications. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, the company employs approximately 1,600 people and operates 10 facilities across North America, including 9 specialty products manufacturing and production facilities. Calumet products and services are available in approximately 52 countries across the world; serving approximately 4,400 customers globally.