Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Responsible for day-to-day HSE activity and support for the site. This includes the development, planning and execution of Environmental Health and Safety programs & policies. This individual will also function in a team environment with other members of staff from all functions within the organisation and at all levels to ensure HSE compliance.Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance of site operations with regulatory requirements relating to health, safety and environmental impacts.
- Provide functional expertise and act for site to maintain internal and external certification programs i.e. ISO 14001 and 45001.
- Review, approve and conduct various hazard assessments e.g. risk assessments, COSHH assessments, etc.
- Conduct process and procedural audits of the company's HSE programs
- Conducting regular HSE inspections
- Facilitating and lead accident/incident investigations
- Being accountable for day to day management of training closure, and following up on Action Tracking items, along with concern reporting
- Drive accountability with all functions and associates to actively reduce accident and injuries.
- Implement, develop and lead safety teams / committees to increase levels of safety performance.
- Perform associated and other duties as required.
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Proven experience in safety, health and environment related fields is a MUST
- Demonstrable knowledge of legal requirements in the areas of health and safety at work
- Knowledge of environmental protection issues is much appreciated
- Communicative and ability to work in a team at various levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HSE and government regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Relevant professional degree / diploma
- Experience of behavior-based safety programs
- Experience managing projects and HSE compliance.
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and other responsibilities, adjust to changing priorities and to make decisions with speed and accuracy based on available information
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Advanced computer skills, primarily with MS Office software programs, i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more