Job Description Position Purpose:
Enable greater value delivery across the Shell Kazakhstan (SK) Upstream portfolio through close coordination and support in maturing the key capital projects in the SK Business Development portfolio (e.g. Kynshuak) as well as in the JVs (KK, KEP1 and other major projects from NCOC, KPO, CMOC). The role will also support the implementation of the Manage Supply Chain (MSC) workstreams as part of the Asset Management System (AMS) deployment in NCOC and KPO. This would include potential CP due diligence work on new venture acquisitions and transition support post deal closure. Principal Accountabilities:
- Review projects related contracting strategy and execution plans and other formal milestone submissions from the JVs in conjunction with functional SMEs (e.g. CP Projects Technical Authorities) as well as project stakeholders in SK, PTP and UPP.
- Align CP functional position with broader SK commercial/projects stakeholders around the objectives, economics and maturation of the projects.
- Understand and work within the cost recovery / cost control regime of the projects and provide relevant inputs to any project Sanction Agreements and guidance to JV CP teams.
- Work with the JV CP teams to co-develop key contracting deliverables, incl. contracting strategy and quilt, local content plan, bringing in best practices from Shell and industry into the JV ways of working. These may include pre-DG3 specifics such as PT2020 (point "C"), supply chain transformation initiatives and post-DG3 activities such as tender packages, strategic suppliers and contract plans, incl. claims management.
- On AMS deployment, follow up on the MSC self-assessments done by the JVs. Many of the in-flight CP support plans are already moving the JVs towards MSC compliance - these will need to be fitted into broader MSC gap-closure plans.
- Work with the Regional MSC deployment lead to identify and import best practices, particularly around program management and end-to-end integration with end users and suppliers (e.g. from maintenance demand to production operations).
- For M&A targets, support the deal team with due diligence and potential synergy reviews in the contracts and materials management space. Post deal closure, provide support on transition to bring the new team onboard with Shell CMCP and ways of working.
- Support the SK CP team in the broader capability building in the JVs:
- Drive continuous improvements / best practices related to Contractor HSSE (incl. secondary road transport) and capex contracting (e.g. focused contracting, low-cost country sourcing, supplier eco-systems, in-country value creation etc.) to improve tendering and delivery lead times, performance assurance and interface management.
- Develop a Kazakh capital projects market intelligence - working with the JV teams to share and build up a market view of trends, issues/opportunities and potential execution risks/constraints.
- Develop local CP staff at the JVs, through coaching/mentoring and training opportunities.
- Knowledge/experience of major capital project assurance from a technical or commercial point of view, and/or knowledge/experience of commercial set-ups impacting projects (e.g. sanction agreements, project economics).
- Knowledge/experience of procurement and supply chain activities and challenges relating to projects and/or production would be an advantage.
- Extensive change management and program management experience is required to drive MSC Transformation and other global/local CI initiatives to align competitive business outcome with CP deliverables.
- Good communication skills with a wide range of influencing and stakeholder management techniques.
- Capacity to understand complex businesses and open/resilient to constantly drive continuous improvements.
- Capacity to manage and interpret data into meaningful value-added improvement activities.
- Focus on building a strong Projects and MSC community of practice through collaboration, sharing and developing learnings with other CP professionals.
- Knowledge of CP systems and processes and support simplification to frontline Business or CP.
- Highly driven, 'can do mentality', and to be able to articulate in a crisp and compelling manner.
- Collaborate and integrate within CP and with business (mainly Projects and Production).