Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Høvik, Akershus, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Structural Engineer will be an integral part of the Manifold Systems Team that is technical responsible for engineering of subsea modules and foundation solutions. The Structure engineer will cover engineering tasks such as FEED and concept design, structured product design and projects.
Essential Responsibilities:• Generate functional design specifications and design basis
• Perform and participate in Design Reviews.
• Technical responsible for structural engineering of subsea manifolds.
• Execute and facilitate the design and analysis for manifolds using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product requirements.
• Perform optimization of structure on structured modules.
• Complete necessary structural design, reports and drawings for study, detail design required for the engineering of the structures.Qualifications/Requirements:• MSc or BSc in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent
• Some experience in structural engineering of subsea modules, foundations and template structures.
• Proficient in the use of Sesam GeniE software for structural analyses.
• Familiar with rules, regulations and code's within the Oil & Gas industry (ISO, Eurocode 3, DNV)
• English fluent verbal and written.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Structured/good organizational skills
• Experienced in standard office tools like word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Desired Characteristics:• Excellent technical knowledge about the foundation structures and the interaction to the geotechnical calculations.
• Familiar with Teamcenter
• Excellent technical understanding in static and dynamic load condition that drives the module structural design.
• Highly proactive and results oriented
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more