Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Høvik, Akershus, Norway
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Manifold Lead Engineer will be an integral part of the Manifold Sytems team, that is technical responsible for defining and delivering Subsea Manifold & Connection systems to FEED studies, NPI programs, tenders and projects.
Essential Responsibilities:• Technical responsible for engineering scopes and work packages within Manifold and Connection studies and projects/programs
• Shall execute and facilitate the design and analysis for assigned projects/programs using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
• Shall review Company Specifications relevant for Manifolds and Connection Systems.
• Will work across interfaces and scope boundaries to enhance overall system quality.
• Shall ensure all customer specific engineering procedures in the project/program or study are fulfilled.
• Will prepare data in project startup phase, such as FDS, Design Basis, input to the Interface Register, definition of materials and BOM, contribution to MEL and MDR, scope of supply overview and similar data.
• Shall support design activities and technical decisions, track actions and prepare/follow up reporting.
• Shall provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned Manifold System project/program.
• Will document technical data generated for the assigned project / program consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope and has the understanding and experience to execute business objectives.
• Shall continuously search for new innovative technical solutions to improve team processes, products and systems.Qualifications/Requirements:• MSc or BSc in Civil / Structural Engineering or comparable discipline
• Experience within the subsea industry -preferably Manifold & Connection systems.
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems.
• A high degree of contractual awareness, interface control and process control, to drive excellence within the engineering function
• Proven project technical leadership experience
• In-depth understanding of subsea production systems
• Experience within one or more disciplines; Structural analysis, Piping analysis or Design of offshore and/or Subsea structures.
• Knowledge to rules and regulations within the Oil & Gas industry (ISO, ASME, API)
• Highly proactive and results oriented
• Strong analytical skills combined with excellent problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills to enable clear and concise delivery of information to staff, customers and supervisors.
Desired Characteristics:• 3D design and/or structural analysis proficiency
• Knowledge of technical contract terms and conditions
• Knowledge of working within a Quality environment (Particularly ISO 9001)
• Familiar with relevant standards (NORSOK, ISO, IEC, ASME, API, etc.) and design requirements for subsea products.
• Familiar with Teamcenter / IPEM
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more